PC System Cleaning
The Benny Method of PC Cleaning!
First download CC Cleaner portable, Malwarebytes Antimalware, Spybot Search and Destroy portable, and SuperAntispyware.
Save in a Tools folder!
1. In Windows 8 or 8.1 Right Click Start or bottom left corner of the screen, open Programs and Features, If Windows 7 you may need to open Control Panel to get find Programs and Features.
2. Uninstall all recognized malware / Adware programs and Toolbars, You can sort by date to help find the recently added malware programs. (Toolbars fit between your web browser and your internet connection so that they can target you with ads that they think you may like?)
Most free cleanup tools and registry scanners are malware... Only use known good programs to help in malware removal...
3. Copy your Cleanup tools to users desktop.
4. Open and Run CCleaner this is a good tool to delete Temporary Internet files, and run the Registry cleaner, The Registry cleaner deletes empty registry settings.
5. Install Malwarebytes Antimalware, make sure to uncheck trial. Follow the instructions when scan has finished removing any threats that it found!
6. Open Spybot Search and Destroy, Update and run a scan.
7. If the PC seems to be badly infected, sometimes I will install Superantispyware, if installed update and scan, when finished I usually uninstall it, under Programs and Features!
8. Microsoft’s Security Essentials Defender on Windows 8 is a good free Antivirus Program, I usually remove any of the free ones and setup Microsoft Windows Defender (Security Essentials in Windows 7, vista) then update and run a full scan!
9. The PC should be running good after these scans!
10. Last but not least once your sure the PC is clean create a new Restore Point.
Create a good restore point
1. Open System by clicking the Start button, right-clicking Computer, and then clicking Properties.
2. In the left pane, click System protection. ...
3. Click the System Protection tab, and then click Create.
4. In the System Protection dialog box, type a description, and then click Create.
Hijacked Computer, (Ramsomeware)
1. Boot the PC in Safe mode by pressing F8 before Windows loads and select Safe Mode then Run System Restore try to find a Restore Point before the PC was Hijacked.
2. After System Restore, follow the steps Under System Cleaning.
3. If the above cannot be ran because the PC cannot be repaired... Remove the Users Hard Drive, Attach it to another known good PC and backup the users Data. Then reinstall their Hard drive and Perform a Full Recovery (This will erase and restore the PC to new state)
When finished cleaning its a good idea to make a good restore point in System Restore!